Commercial Garage Door Installation
At Compaan Door & Operator Co, we understand the importance of having a secure and functional workspace. That’s why we specialize in commercial garage door installation, tailored to meet the unique needs of each business. Our team of trained professionals is dedicated to ensuring a smooth installation process, with a strong focus on safety and efficiency. We’re committed to customer satisfaction and offer a variety of high-quality commercial garage doors. We also provide free quotes to help businesses make the best decision for their needs. Our installation service is designed to give each client peace of mind and reliable access to their commercial premises.
- Commercial garage doors are essential for the security and efficient operation of your business.
- We help you choose the right door by considering factors such as your business type, frequency of use, and security requirements.
- As specialists in commercial garage door installation, we provide tailored solutions to meet your specific needs.
- Our services don’t stop at installation. We also offer regular maintenance and advanced security measures like strong locking systems to ensure ongoing reliability and safety.
Choosing the Right Door
When considering the installation of commercial garage doors, it is essential to carefully choose the right door that aligns with the specific operational and security needs of the business. At Compaan Door & Operator Co we offer a variety of high-quality commercial garage doors to cater to diverse business requirements. The perfect commercial garage door should not only provide security but also ensure seamless operations. Different types of commercial garage doors, including overhead doors, are available to suit varying garage door installation needs. We assist in choosing the right door by considering factors such as the type of business, frequency of use, security requirements, and environmental factors. We also provide free quotes for its installation services, ensuring that Michigan businesses receive tailored solutions to meet their unique garage door needs.
Commercial garage doors come in a variety of types, each designed to meet specific needs based on factors such as the nature of the business, the level of security required, and the frequency of use. Here are some common types of commercial garage doors:
- Sectional Doors: These doors are made out of horizontal panels and can be either insulated or non-insulated. They are typically constructed from galvanized steel or aluminum. Sectional doors are great for industrial warehouses, shipping docks, and fire stations.
- Aluminum Glass Overhead Doors: These doors are typically used in architectural situations that demand light transmission and visual access. They are excellent for car showrooms, car repair shops, service stations, car wash locations, and restaurants.
- Roll-up Service Doors (also known as Coiling Doors): These doors are common across the United States, including rolling service doors and rolling sheet doors. Their smart design and durable construction make them a great choice for warehouses and other industrial settings.
- Security Grilles: These are typically used in commercial settings where security is a priority. They provide a secure barrier but also allow ventilation through the gate holes.
- High-Performance Doors: These doors have features above and beyond the standard coiling, sectional, or sliding door. Most common high-performance doors are defined as high-speed doors, but these can also be insulated doors, or doors that can absorb an impact.
- High-Speed Metal Doors: These doors provide optimum insulation, reduce loss of conditioned air, and contribute to energy savings. They are ideal for businesses with a high level of traffic.
- Fabric Roll-Up Doors: These doors are designed for interior applications where environmental control is necessary.
- Fire-Rated Doors: These doors are designed to close automatically in the event of a fire or alarmed event. They are used in commercial settings that require a listed fire door in a rated fire wall.
- Counter Doors & Counter Shutters: These are ideal for concession areas, cafeterias, pharmacies, cashiers, parts and tool storage areas where resistance to flame spread or smoke penetration is not required.
- Shutter Doors: These doors are typically used in retail and commercial settings for security purposes.
- Wind Load Doors: These doors are designed and reinforced to withstand high wind pressures during severe weather conditions.
Each type of commercial garage door has its own unique benefits and best uses. The choice of door depends on the specific needs and requirements of the business.
|32 feet by 2 inches wide and 24 feet by 1 inch high
|30 feet by 4 inches wide and 28 feet by 4 inches high
|Insulated Garage Doors
|30 feet by 2 inches wide and 24 feet by 1 inch high
*Sizes represented are standard sizes, commercial doors can be custom-sized to fit specific needs.
When looking for a brand for commercial garage doors, there are several reputable companies known for their quality products and services. Here are some of the top brands in the industry:
- Amarr Garage Doors: Amarr is a well-established brand offering a wide range of commercial garage doors known for their exceptional designs, energy efficiency, and noise reduction.
- C.H.I. Overhead Doors: Based in Illinois, C.H.I. has been producing high-quality commercial garage doors since 1981, focusing on exceptional craftsmanship and value. They offer a broad selection of doors, including rolling steel doors.
- Hörmann Garage Doors: Hörmann is a global brand recognized for high-speed commercial doors and a variety of other overhead door solutions.
- Wayne Dalton: Wayne Dalton is another recommended brand that offers a variety of garage doors, including commercial options.
- Raynor Garage Doors: Raynor is another brand that offers a variety of garage door options for both residential and commercial use.
Installation Process Considerations
Businesses seeking a reliable commercial garage door installation service should carefully consider the installation process and its critical role in ensuring the functionality and security of their premises. When considering the installation of commercial garage doors, there are several important factors to take into account to ensure a successful and safe installation. Here are some key considerations:
Site and Door Requirements
- Assessing Needs: Determine the specific requirements for your commercial space, including size, design, functionality, and security features of the garage door.
- Building Type: Ensure that the installation meets the specific requirements based on the building type, and that the door will fit seamlessly into the prepared space.
- Permit Application: Obtain the necessary permits by submitting all required documentation to the relevant authorities.
Safety and Compliance
- Safety Measures: Follow specific safety measures throughout the installation process to prevent accidents and ensure compliance with safety standards.
- Compliance with Building Codes: Ensure that the installation is in compliance with local building codes and regulations.
- Site Preparation: Prepare the site by ensuring that the space can support the door throughout its operational lifetime, including the construction of the jamb and header, and considering weather stripping and temperature factors.
- Panel Installation: Attach the door panels to the tracks, ensuring proper alignment.
- Track and Roller Installation: Install the tracks and rollers, making sure they are level and secure.
- Mounting Opener and Accessories: Follow proper procedures for mounting the opener and any additional accessories.
- Testing and Adjustment: After installation, test the door to ensure it operates smoothly and make any necessary adjustments.
- Regular Maintenance: Conduct regular maintenance and inspection to prevent future problems and extend the lifespan of the door.
- Hiring Experts: Consider hiring professional installers who have the expertise and experience to handle the technical aspects of commercial garage door installation.
Common Issues to Watch For
- Door Alignment: Ensure the door is properly aligned to prevent issues such as the door going off-track or not opening correctly.
- Component Wear and Damage: Regularly inspect components like springs, cables, rollers, and panels for wear and damage, and replace them as needed.
By taking these considerations into account, you can help ensure that your commercial garage door is installed correctly, operates efficiently, and meets all necessary safety and compliance standards.
Regular maintenance is essential to ensure the longevity and smooth operation of your commercial garage door. Here are some maintenance tips:
- Inspect the Door: Regularly check the door for any visible wear and tear. Ensure that all the hardware is tight and the track assembly is in good repair and properly attached to the wall.
- Lubricate Moving Parts: The metal parts of your garage door need lubrication to operate smoothly. Remove dust and debris from these components before applying a lubricant.
- Balance the Door: Regularly check the balance of the door to ensure it operates smoothly.
- Clean Weather Strips: Regularly clean the weather strips to ensure they function properly.
- Service Torsion Springs: Regularly service the torsion springs to ensure they function properly.
- Clear Debris From Tracks: Make sure the tracks and rollers are clean and clear for your door to operate smoothly.
- Tighten Any Loose Bolts: Regularly check for any loose bolts and tighten them as needed.
- Inspect and Replace Worn-Out Cables: Regularly inspect the cables for any signs of wear and tear. If they look frayed, consider replacing them.
Security is another crucial aspect to consider after the installation of a commercial garage door. Here are some security tips:
- Upgrade Security Systems: Consider upgrading your security systems with the latest technology, such as hi-tech security cameras and sensors.
- Schedule Regular Inspections: Regularly inspect your garage door, especially if it’s an older model, to prevent security breaches.
- Use Old-Fashioned Locks: Consider using manual locks for added security.
- Add Industrial Lighting: Install industrial lighting around the garage to deter potential burglars.
- Restrict Visibility: If your commercial garage doors have windows or slits, consider covering them to restrict visibility.
- Test Your Garage Doors: Regularly test your garage doors and opening system to make sure they are functioning properly.
- Install Motion Sensor Lights: Install motion sensor lights over your garage door to reduce the chances of a nighttime break-in.
- Use a Wireless Keypad: Consider installing a wireless keypad for secure access.
By following these maintenance and security tips, you can ensure the longevity, smooth operation, and security of your commercial garage door.
Contact Compaan For Your Commercial Garage Door Needs
Looking for the perfect commercial garage door solution? Contact Compaan today and let us help you find the ideal garage door for your business. Our team of experts is ready to provide you with the best options tailored to your specific needs. Whether it’s installation, maintenance, or security enhancements, Compaan Door & Operator Company is your go-to source for all things related to commercial garage doors. Reach out now and take the first step towards a more secure and efficient business environment!