Wayne Dalton High Speed Fabric Doors Model 883
Introducing the cutting-edge Wayne Dalton High Speed Fabric Doors Model 883, a pinnacle of innovation and efficiency in the industrial door industry. This revolutionary model seamlessly combines advanced technology and superior craftsmanship, guaranteeing swift and secure access while maintaining utmost durability. With a focus on precision and reliability, Wayne Dalton has once again exceeded expectations, earning its reputation as a leader in the field. Discover the unparalleled benefits and applications of the Model 883, setting a new standard for high-speed fabric doors.
- Exceptional durability to withstand heavy usage and harsh environmental conditions
- Extensive customization options for door sizes, colors, and finishes
- High-speed operation with opening speeds of up to 80 inches per second
- Advanced safety features including obstacle detection sensors
|Standard Construction||Model 883|
|Max. Opening Speed||up to 65” per second|
|Max. Closing Speed||up to 40” per second|
|Bottom Bar Breakaway||Yes|
|Wind Struts||Metal struts and roller wind locks|
|Curtain Material||3 layers of PVC-coated polyester with 2 layers of polyester weave|
|Header Braces||Multiple braces across entire width strengthen and combat sagging|
|Hood||Protection from debris and moisture|
|Operation||Direct-drive motor and gearbox system with field changeable universal handing and door stop safety device|
|Control Panel||Variable frequency drive, self-diagnostic, programmable service reminders, padlockable fused disconnect NEMA 4X rated, cULus listed|
|Supply Voltages**||120V AC 1 PH
208V AC 1 PH†
220V AC 1 PH
208V AC 3 PH†
230V AC 3 PH
460V AC 3 PH
575V AC 3 PH†
|Safety Features||Obstruction Safety Detection
Reversing Sensing Edge
|Wind Load*||up to 19.5 psf|
*Wind load is the ultimate pressure tested at a door width of 20′
**Single phase available u to 10″x10″.
(†Requires stand-alone mounted transformer)
Key Features of Model 883
The key features of Model 883 include its durability, versatility, and high-speed operation, making it an ideal choice for various industrial applications. One of the standout characteristics of the Model 883 is its exceptional durability. Constructed with robust materials and engineered with precision, this fabric door is designed to withstand heavy usage and harsh environmental conditions. It is built to resist impacts, abrasions, and extreme temperatures, ensuring it can handle the demands of industrial settings.
Moreover, the Model 883 offers extensive customization options to cater to specific requirements. It can be tailored to fit various door sizes, from small openings to large industrial entrances. Additionally, customers have the flexibility to select from a range of color options and finishes to match their facility’s aesthetic or branding needs.
Another notable feature of the Model 883 is its high-speed operation. With opening speeds of up to 80 inches per second, this fabric door enables efficient traffic flow, reducing wait times and optimizing productivity. The rapid opening and closing capabilities also contribute to energy savings by minimizing air exchange between different areas of the facility.
Furthermore, the Model 883 incorporates advanced safety features to ensure the protection of personnel and equipment. It is equipped with sensors that detect obstacles in the door’s path, automatically stopping and reversing the door’s movement to prevent accidents or damage.
Benefits of High Speed Fabric Doors
High speed fabric doors offer a multitude of advantages for industrial applications, enhancing efficiency and safety in various settings. One of the key benefits of these doors is their energy efficiency. Due to their high speed operation, they minimize air infiltration, helping to maintain a controlled environment and reduce energy consumption. By preventing the escape of conditioned air and the entry of outside air, these doors contribute to significant energy savings, making them a cost-effective choice for businesses.
Another advantage of high speed fabric doors is their security features. These doors are designed to provide a high level of protection against unauthorized access and potential security threats. With their durable and robust construction, they act as a barrier that prevents unwanted intrusions. Additionally, some high speed fabric doors are equipped with advanced security features such as access control systems, which allow for controlled entry and exit, further enhancing the security of industrial facilities.
Furthermore, high speed fabric doors contribute to improved productivity and operational efficiency. Their fast opening and closing speeds facilitate smooth and uninterrupted workflow, allowing for efficient movement of goods and personnel. With quicker access, material handling processes can be optimized, reducing wait times and increasing overall productivity.
In addition to energy efficiency, security, and productivity benefits, high speed fabric doors also offer a range of other advantages. These include noise reduction, as the doors effectively minimize sound transfer between different areas of a facility. They also have a compact design that requires minimal space, making them suitable for areas with limited overhead clearance.
Applications and Industries
Applications for high speed fabric doors can be found in a wide range of industries, making them a versatile solution for various operational needs. These doors are designed to provide fast and efficient access while maintaining a high level of safety and security. Here are some common uses and industry-specific applications for high speed fabric doors:
- Warehouses and Distribution Centers: High speed fabric doors are commonly used in warehouses and distribution centers to facilitate the smooth flow of goods. They allow for quick loading and unloading of trucks, reducing downtime and increasing productivity. Additionally, their fast opening and closing speeds help to maintain the desired temperature inside the facility, minimizing energy loss.
- Manufacturing Facilities: In manufacturing facilities, high speed fabric doors are used to separate different areas and control the movement of materials and equipment. They can be installed in production lines, cleanrooms, and paint booths, among other areas, to ensure efficient operation and prevent cross-contamination.
- Food Processing and Cold Storage: High speed fabric doors are ideal for food processing and cold storage facilities where maintaining temperature control is crucial. These doors help to prevent the entry of contaminants and maintain the desired temperature levels, ensuring food safety and quality.
These are just a few examples of the many applications and industries that can benefit from high speed fabric doors. Whether it’s a busy warehouse, a bustling manufacturing facility, or a temperature-sensitive food processing plant, these doors provide a reliable and efficient solution for various operational needs. With their versatility and performance, high speed fabric doors have become an essential component in many industries.
Transitioning into the next section about installation and maintenance tips, it is important to ensure that these doors are properly installed and maintained to ensure optimal performance and longevity.
Installation and Maintenance Tips
Proper installation and maintenance are crucial for ensuring optimal performance and longevity of Wayne Dalton High Speed Fabric Doors Model 883. To help you achieve this, here are some important tips to follow.
During the installation process, it is essential to carefully follow the manufacturer’s instructions. This includes ensuring that the door is properly aligned and securely fastened to the structure. Additionally, all electrical connections should be made according to the provided wiring diagram to avoid any potential issues.
Regular maintenance is key to keeping your Wayne Dalton High Speed Fabric Doors Model 883 in top condition. A maintenance checklist can help you stay organized and ensure that all necessary tasks are completed. This checklist should include inspecting the door for any signs of wear or damage, checking the tension and alignment of the belts, and lubricating the moving parts as recommended by the manufacturer.
In the event that any issues arise, a troubleshooting guide can be a valuable resource. This guide should outline common problems and their potential solutions. It may cover topics such as door misalignment, sensor malfunctions, or motor issues. By following the troubleshooting guide, you can quickly identify and address any problems, minimizing downtime and ensuring the door operates smoothly.
Why Choose Wayne Dalton Model 883
The Wayne Dalton Model 883 is a highly versatile and reliable choice for businesses in need of a high-speed fabric door solution. When considering which high-speed fabric door to choose, there are several reasons why the Wayne Dalton Model 883 stands out as the best option:
- Cost Effective: The Wayne Dalton Model 883 offers a cost-effective solution for businesses. Its energy-efficient design helps reduce heating and cooling costs by minimizing air infiltration. Additionally, the durable materials used in its construction ensure long-lasting performance, minimizing the need for frequent repairs or replacements.
- Durability: The Wayne Dalton Model 883 is built to withstand the rigors of daily use in demanding industrial environments. The door panels are constructed from high-quality fabrics that are tear-resistant and can withstand heavy impacts. The reinforced bottom bar and wind-resistant design provide added durability and protection against harsh weather conditions.
- Reliability: Businesses can rely on the Wayne Dalton Model 883 for consistent and reliable operation. With its high-speed opening and closing capabilities, it helps improve workflow efficiency and productivity. The advanced control system ensures smooth and precise operation, minimizing downtime and maximizing operational uptime.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is the Maximum Wind Load Capacity of Wayne Dalton High Speed Fabric Doors Model 883?
According to the Wayne Dalton website, the Model 883 ADV-Xtreme strutted exterior high speed fabric door is designed to be low maintenance and includes breakaway impact detection and push button self-repair, along with plug and play wiring for robust operating and easy troubleshooting. The door can withstand a pressure of up to 19.5 psf.
Can Wayne Dalton Model 883 Be Custom-Made to Fit Specific Door Sizes?
There is no information available on the Wayne Dalton website regarding custom-making the Model 883 doors to fit specific door sizes. It is recommended to contact Wayne Dalton directly for more information.
The Model 883 ADV-Xtreme strutted exterior high speed fabric door includes several safety features such as a bottom bar breakaway, wind struts, and a safety edge that stops and reverses the door if it comes into contact with an object while closing
Are There Any Safety Features Included in the Design of Model 883?
It is recommended to wash the Wayne Dalton Classic Steel Garage Door at least twice a year, in the spring and fall, and more frequently if the door is exposed to harsh environments such as coastal areas or areas with a lot of snow. Regular maintenance, performed by a professional technician, can help detect potential problems early, ensure safe operation, and prevent equipment failures.